Monday, July 24, 2006

Cleaning Kids

Last night we were getting ready to brush our teeth, and I looked down at our sink and saw all of this dirt and mustard all over.  I sighed as I realized I was going to have to clean the sink yet again, because Aiden cannot manage to wash his hands without getting everything else dirty.   

Then.......I had a revelation. 

If Aiden made the mess, why doesn't Aiden clean it up?   I know, I know, a very unique concept  

So.............I told him today that he is old enough to start learning how to clean things, and for that matter, so was Alysa................and they were thrilled.  They were so excited to clean, it was funny.

Here is collaged pictures of the dirty sink....




and here is the nice, clean sink:




I showed Aiden how to clean the sink, and Alysa how to clean the tub.  We clean with vinegar, so don't worry, they weren't covered in chemicals, LOL.  They were so excited, that they wanted to switch jobs.  So I told them next time we do the bathroom, Aiden can do the tub and Alysa can do the sink.   They both did a really good job.  I didn't have to touch up anything Alysa did.  I really didn't have to touch up the sink, either, but I wiped it all down anyways, just to make sure that the vinegar touched everywhere, so I would know all the germs were gone, LOL.

And tomorrow......they get to clean the glass door that goes out to the backyard that is covered with fingerprints!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I think it's great that you have the kids help out with the cleaning. I never thought vinegar would work but I think I'm going to try that and let Mari clean the bathroom a little. She loves to wash her hands and she's always making the sink dirty. Great idea!

    --andrea--

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...children to help clean. (It's easier, of course, to think, "I'll do it myself... so I know it's clean." So, I applaud your efforts!!!!)


    Looking forward to reading some more of your blog as time permits.

    ReplyDelete

  3. They did a great job!

    Good for you... delegating is one of the many pleasures of motherhood. *Ü*


    Also, thank you for the comment you left on my blog.

    It is, indeed, sad that so many lack knowledge of Scripture (and application for that matter).


    Have a great week!


    ~ Christina

    HsKubes HomeSchool Haven

    HsKubes Haven for Home

    Christian Military HomeSchool Mamas

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2011
Classical Chaos

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates