Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter/Holy Week file folder game

Here is one easter game I made. 

I used the trivia questions from this game - holy week game questions
I copied them onto blue cardstock so they'd be sturdier.  I did take out some of the questions that I felt were too detailed or were redundant.  I think I ended up with 40 some questions.

I also created the Holy Week day cards, to be collected in the game.   I figured out how to turn it into a PDF - let's see if I can figure out how to host it    If these PDF's don't work for some reason, let me know - they work fine for me, but that might not mean much   I copied these onto white cardstock.

day1-4.pdf
day4-8.pdf
gameboard.pdf

To make the gameboard - I cut out the gameboard squares and glued them down in the order I wanted them.  I spread out the days of the week and the gain a day/lose a day pieces.  I copied a map of Jerusalem in Jesus' time out of my Bible, enlarged it, and cut that out and glued it onto the board.  Then I copied the whole thing onto 2 pieces cardstock.  (I have had so much fun since we bought a copy machine )  And then taped them together.  Eventually I'll probably laminate it or cover it with contact paper or something.     You could skip all the copying and glue the pieces right into a file folder, if you wanted.

The object of the game is to collect all 8 days of Holy Week.  You start on Palm Sunday - roll the die and move.  If you land on a day of the week, you get a trivia question.  If you get it right, you get that day of the week.  Sometimes you end up circling the board a lot, but it moves pretty quickly.   We did have a rule where you could move in either direction, and that helped, but then realized we were all avoiding the lose a day/lose a turn spots and always landing on the gain a day spot.  Not exactly what I was going for, LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011
Classical Chaos

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates