Tuesday, March 18, 2008

another Easter/Holy Week game

This one I think is going to be a lot of fun.  This game is about all the events of Easter.  The goal is for the kids to understand the timeline of events, and have visual aids to help them really grasp everything.  I made the spaces on the board bigger - probably too big - so I used 6 pieces of paper that I trimmed down for the base.   Like the previous game, I printed out all the spaces, cut them out and glued them to paper and copied them onto cardstock.    I used the trivia cards from this game - trivia questions and I edited out the ones I didn't want to use.  I also used scripture cards from another website.
 scripture cards

and then I also made up some 'Who is this person' cards.  Who is this person

I printed them all out and copied them onto cardstock.   

I went around my house and gathered up a bunch of little items that go with the Easter story.  You could just print out the game cards and cut out the images and glue them to the game board, too.   Or get a set of Resurrection Eggs and use the items in there.  But those cost $$, LOL.  I try to do things cheap.  At least until the toner on my copy machine wears out   

All of these pdf's should work.  If not, let me know.  I'm all excited I figured out how to save a file as a pdf.    So, you have 3 pages of space cards for the board, 1 page of little pieces, and then the game card.

page1.pdf
page2.pdf
page3.pdf
littlepieces.pdf
gamecard.pdf


The object of the game is to move around the board and 'collect' all 12 pieces of the Easter story.  You start on Palm Sunday, and move around the board to get to all the items.  You have to turn down the little spaces and on the last spot, you answer a trivia question.  If you get it right, you can cross off that item off your list.  Then backtrack and continue moving around the board.  You can keep going around the board until you collect all your items.  For the various types of trivia questions, I only used a couple different images for the large background spaces.   So if you land on a cross image, you have to answer a trivia question.  If you land on a last supper image, you'll answer a 'who is this person' card, and if you land on a crown of thorns image, you'll answer a scripture card.   And all other spaces don't have questions.  If you get the question right, you get to go again.  The kids really like it.  I think having the visual aids really help them to remember both the events, and the sequence of events for Holy Week.    Eventually I would like to get little charms or something to make several sets of items, so they can physically collect all the pieces. 

The items are:
a vial of perfume for when Jesus is anointed
a plastic coin for the 30 pieces of silver
bread and wine buttons for the last supper - they have to answer 2 questions to cross them off
rope for Judas hanging himself
GI Joe for the soldiers mocking Jesus
cross, for crucifixion
dice for casting lots
sword for piercing Jesus' side
linen and a stone for the tomb and burial cloth - again, 2 questions to answer
a vial of spices for the women going to anoint his body






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011
Classical Chaos

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates