Monday, September 17, 2007

no more Egypt!

Finally.  I'm done with Ancient Egypt.  I am so sick of that topic, LOL.   We've been going through Exodus at church for several months, and now to spend 2 weeks on all things Egypt..........I am so pharoahed out    (what happened to all the cool smilies that used to be available??)

Those 2 weeks were interesting to say the least.   Hopefully I can look back on this at the end of the year and see markable progress.  My patience was so severely tested.  My 6 yo dd can space out so easily and not pay attention to what we're reading, and not be able to answer a question when I just read the answer 20 seconds ago.  But, she's learning.   We're using Story of the World, by Susan Wise Bauer, author of The Well-Trained Mind.   We're not solidly classical, but I like a lot of the things she has to say.  We're also using Galloping the Globe, and then an eclectic mix of other books and supplies.

I came across a neat tool to help organize things I find on the internet.  Google Notebook

a couple other egyptian links I came across:
http://www.neferchichi.com/
a fantastic clipart/photo site
inside the pyramids and other photos
egypt ideas

1 comment:

Copyright 2011
Classical Chaos

Powered by
Free Blogger Templates